Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi

Vine

To get the name Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi, the wine must be produced with a minimum percentage of 85% Verdicchio grapes. The remaining 15% can be used from Tuscan Malvasia grape or Tuscan Trebbiano.

 

Production area

A peculiar characteristic of the of the Verdicchio grape varieties is that their cultivation is possible only in the Castelli di Jesi area. In fact, only there the particular nature of the soil, favorable climatic conditions and, above all, the constant ventilation that prevents the formation of moisture on the grapes, makes possible the optimal development of the grapes. It particularly comprehend the hills in the center of the province of Ancona and minimally delimited territories in the province of Macerata. For wines produced in the original oldest, Castelli di Jesi, the use of the term Classico is granted.

Pairings

Combine the “Verdicchio” with any dishes of Mediterranean cuisine is a real delight for the palate: starters, white meat more or less elaborate, boiled meat, mushrooms, truffles, fried vegetables. With fish it is the perfect match. It is also very good with the most elaborate recipes that require a wine with a strong personality.

Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi • Cipriani

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

Appellation: Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico DOC Superiore
Production area: D.O.C. from 1968 – San Marcello – Italy
Grape variety: Verdicchio
Wine: vinified in pureness 100% Verdicchio
Soil: clayey with widespread presence of limestone, land formed by marine sedimentation
Exposition: West & Nord-West Altitude: 220 a.s.l.
Training system: “Guyot Cordon” system
Yield per hectare: 5.700 vines / Maximum production: 1,4 kg/ vines
Harvest: last week of September, hand harvest in small crates
Vinification: soft pressing of whole bunch with use of dry ice to preserve oxidation, sedimentation of the must and tapping of the most noble and clear part, fermentation at 15°C
Ageing: 10 months in stainless steel tanks on fine lees

WINE ANALYSIS

Alcohol: 12,83%
Total acid: 5,83
pH: 3,25
Sugars: 6,7 g/l

TASTING NOTES

View: intense and bright yellow straw color
Olfaction: floral and fruity perfume with mineral hints associated to peach, almonds and linden
Palate: good structure and harmonious taste supported by the minerality and a typical aftertaste of almonds allowed a long finish

SERVING TEMPARATURE:

Suggested: 14°-16°

Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi • Buca della Marcona

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

Appellation: Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico DOC e
Production area: D.O.C. from 1968 – San Marcello – Italy
Grape variety: Verdicchio
Wine: vinified in pureness 100% Verdicchio
Soil: clayey with widespread presence of limestone, land formed by marine sedimentation
Exposition: West & Nord-West Altitude: 220 a.s.l.
Training system: “Guyot Cordon” system
Yield per hectare: 5.700 vines / Maximum production: 1,4 kg/ vines
Harvest: last week of September, hand harvest in small crates
Vinification: soft pressing of whole bunch with use of dry ice to preserve oxidation, sedimentation of the must and tapping of the most noble and clear part, fermentation at 15°C
Ageing: 4 months in stainless steel tanks on fine lees

WINE ANALYSIS

Alcohol: 12,48%
Total acid: 5,47
pH: 3,25
Sugars: 3,8 g/l

TASTING NOTES

View: yellow straw color with greenish light
Olfaction: floral and fruity perfume with white flowers hint
Palate: delicate with a fresh fruity and mineral finish

SERVING TEMPARATURE:

Suggested 14°-16°

SEND US AN EMAIL

Contact us without obligation! info@tenutasanmarcello.net

w

CONTACT US

: +39 0731267606 : +39 3384533075

COME VISIT US

Via Melano,
30 San Marcello (AN)

Questo sito Web utilizza i cookie. Utilizziamo i cookie per analizzare il nostro traffico.
Condividiamo le informazioni sul tuo utilizzo del nostro sito con i nostri strumenti di analisi
che possono combinarlo con altre informazioni che hai fornito loro o che hanno raccolto dal tuo
utilizzo dei loro servizi. Acconsenti ai nostri cookie se continui a utilizzare il nostro sito web.

Privacy Settings saved!
Impostazioni

Quando visiti un sito Web, esso può archiviare o recuperare informazioni sul tuo browser, principalmente sotto forma di cookies. Controlla qui i tuoi servizi di cookie personali.

Questi cookie sono necessari per il funzionamento del sito Web e non possono essere disattivati nei nostri sistemi.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • JSESSIONID

Per motivi di perfomance, utilizziamo Cloudflare come rete CDN. Questo salva un cookie "__cfduid" per applicare le impostazioni di sicurezza per ogni client. Questo cookie è strettamente necessario per le funzionalità di sicurezza di Cloudflare e non può essere disattivato.
  • __cfduid

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • _icl_current_language
  • wpml_referer_url

Decline all Services
Accept all Services